Are you inspired to fuel the Boulder Public Library’s engine for fundraising, awareness, advocacy and community involvement? Are you detail-oriented and good at multitasking in a fast-paced environment? Then read on to learn about and apply for your next job as our Administrative Assistant.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Status: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Executive Director
Date: Feb. 1, 2024
We have an immediate opening for an administrative assistant to help manage our day-to-day operations and help ensure the work of our Executive Director and Board of Directors is optimized for maximum impact. Responsibilities include general office support, scheduling, event and meeting support, database, social media and website support, occasional volunteer coordination, and light bookkeeping.
About the Boulder Library Foundation
The Boulder Library Foundation’s vision is a community of lifetime learning – with the library as its wellspring. Now celebrating its 50th year, the Foundation increases funding for services that help the people of Boulder develop and grow by raising money, increasing awareness, advocating for the library, and encouraging community involvement. It’s an exciting time – for the library, which has just become a better funded library district – and for the foundation, which is growing to keep pace with the treasured community asset it supports.
The Administrative Assistant should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- 2 year minimum in an administrative role required
- Attention to detail
- Good at multitasking and prioritizing tasks
- Clear communication skills – both written and verbal
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Able to navigate multiple software platforms including WordPress websites, Kindful (Bloomerang) donor databases (or similar), Bill.com payment processing platform, Adobe Acrobat, Google Workspaces, Microsoft Office, Zoom, Google Meet, Canva, LinkedIn, Facebook, X, Instagram, and others.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) highly preferred
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Provide daily call list for Executive Director (ED)
- Schedule appointments for ED
- Update meeting trackers with activities of ED
- Respond to routine emails
- Maintain donor database, pull reports
- Coordinate thank-you notes and calls to donors from ED and/or board members
- Compile, design and format digital and occasional print newsletters and e-blasts
- Update Foundation’s social media platforms with content approved by ED
- Keep marketing materials updated and in supply for staff and board
- Keep our five library branches supplied with foundation brochures and other marketing materials
- Update our website’s blog and events calendar
- Compile, format and send surveys to stakeholders; collate results for staff and board
- File ED’s monthly credit card receipts
- Pay vendor invoices
- Deposit, scan and file donation and payment checks
- Assist bookkeeper and accountant with information needed in preparation of monthly financials, annual tax filing and audit.
- Compile board meeting packets
- Attend monthly board meetings, gala planning meetings, and quarterly finance, governance and fundraising/marketing committee meetings and take meeting notes
- Coordinate registration and logistics for events focused on donor appreciation, library awareness and advocacy, fundraising, and professional advisors
- Coordinate logistics for our annual appeal mailing
- Coordinate volunteers for tabling at library events
- Other duties as assigned
This is a 40-hour-per-week position, Monday through Friday. This job is in-person, not remote, at the Boulder Library Foundation office in the Boulder Main Library, 1001 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder. Occasional evening and weekend work is required to support events and board and committee meetings.
Starting pay is $22.45 per hour and includes the following generous benefits:
- Group medical, dental and vision benefits
- $2,500 annual employer sponsored health reimbursement account
- Employer paid basic life insurance
- 5% employer contribution to 401K, plus an additional 2% match of employee contributions.
- 14 paid Holidays
- New employees accrue 3 weeks paid vacation
- Cell phone stipend
- Library Perks: Easy access to unlimited resources – including books, movies, programs, digital technology and more
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and two letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 29 at midnight. No phone calls please.
The Boulder Library Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.